Saturday, December 30, 2006

Memories of Mexico

As promised I’m finally writing about the ice storm. I can’t believe that it’s already been a month. Many of the things reminded me of my previous trips to Mexico. They are as follows…

Waking up in the morning cold (Saturday morning we woke up and it was 45 degrees in the house)

Washing my face in cold water

Brushing my teeth with water out of a cup (since we have a well without electricity there is no way to get the water to the house so we had to do everything with bottled water)

Not being able to flush the toilet (again no water)

Not showering (you guessed it, no water)

Running a generator (in Mexico it was to run the concrete mixer, in Lake Fork it was to run our two space heaters)

That’s about it. I hope everyone on their way to Mexico now can enjoy the same experiences, just not in their own home. We're praying for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home